About Me

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Next Big Thing

Changing my style a bit with this post as I'm participating in something called a Blog Hop. I want to thank Pattie Ball aka Ann Everett, author of Laid Out and Candle Lit (http://amzn.to/TrVtj3) for the invite.


1. What is the working title of your book? My most recent novel is entitled Second Time Around

2. Where did the idea come from for the book? When I began meeting with a new critique group, I needed something to bring to the meetings, so I wrote this novel.

3. What genre does your book fall under? It has a little romance, a little suspense but will most likely be classified as Women's Fiction.

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Interesting question. I've never spent time envisioning any of my books as movies. Would like to see Jodi Foster play the main character; not sure who I'd consider as her love interest.

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Is Douglas Martin the first love of Dolly Summers who was presumed dead twenty-three years ago ? 

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? I recently submitted the story for publication by White Bird Publications, a POD house.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? I spent about a year writing the story, including the research to make it correct to its historical setting. 

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?  I've come to realize I'm not a genre writer; my stories generally focus on ordinary people living extraordinary lives. 

9. Who or What inspired you to write this book? As I mentioned earlier, this story came about as a need to present something to my critique group. 

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? It's a snapshot of what life was like in Dallas Texas during the 50s. I write about a mature, strong female who must come to terms with what life has dealt her.

Here are some other folks who will be participating in this blog hop:





No comments:

Post a Comment