About Me

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Funny How Time Flies

A reminder from blogger-extraordinaire Renee Groskreutz reminded me of the need to visit with you folks more often. Seems like the more years a person acquires, the quicker they fly by. Wasn't it just yesterday I posted about playing catch-up?

Perhaps I can blame the cooler temperatures for distracting me, enticing me out of doors to do repairs to the damage done to garden beds inflicted by our heat-searing summer. 

Or perhaps the life-changing installation of a ramp by the fabulous volunteers of the non-profit organization, Texas Ramps this past Saturday took all my attention. The weather-resistant ramp will now give my incapacitated husband access to the out-of-doors. Why just yesterday he attempted to achieve his immediate goal of making it as far as the tractor shed with the aid of his rollator. Unfortunately, he only made it three-quarters of the way before running out of air and energy. But there's always tomorrow.

But enough about the twists and turns that life brings me - what you probably are more interested in is what's going on in the writing part of my life. I'm pleased to announce that I've been wearing my editor's hat pretty steadily recently. Three new clients keep me engaged and on my toes.This is an occupation that brings me much satisfaction - helping new writers learn the craft of writing and helping them polish their works in progress.

At the moment, my writing hat is on the shelf, taking a breather after the consuming work of completing Not Bound By Blood. That manuscript is now in the hands of a reader as I anxiously await reactions and feedback for my efforts.

But not to fear, another project is in the works. I've ordered several reference books to start research on a fictional biography of Belle Boyd, a teen-age Confederate spy. Her story will be the third fictional biography for Young Readers. It joins George Washington; From Boy Surveyor to Soldier and Harriet Tubman. Hoping to publish all three as a trilogy to a major publishing house.

One can hope, can't one?

No comments:

Post a Comment